Thursday, July 28, 2011

Visiting my family in Northern Ireland



My 4th cousin Liam!



First off, this blog is going to be very confusing so attempt to keep up. I stayed in Strabane Co Tyrone, which is outside of Derry with my 4th cousin Liam and his wife Pat. Liams grandma Matilda Gene, and my great great grandma Rachel Mary Dunn Fleming were sisters. Liam and his wife pat taught me so much about my family! They showed me where they used to live, the land that we used to own, as well as how living was like for my great great grandmother and my great grandmother Kathleen. Liam, Pat, and other relatives were all so nice to me. They helped me so much with attempting to gather information about my family. I could spell out the entire timeline of my family over a blog, but that could become very confusing as well as very long. I hope that someday I get to go back to Northern Ireland and see them again. The next time I got I hope I go with my mom! I know she would have absolutely loved everything there! Meeting family, and having home cooked meals really made me miss home for one of the first times since I have been abroad. You never really realize all the things you take for granted in the states until you are abroad, food is a big one, but I think family is the biggest. I am so grateful for my mom and stepdad for helping me out with money and allowing me to experience all these amazing things! I hope someday they get to experience things like I am! Love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment