Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just an ordinary weekend in Dublin!


all of us girls at the football match!


Dun Laoghaire!


I promise this blog post will be shorter!!!

Saturday was my laziest day in Dublin! I literally did not leave my apartment until we went out that night. All of us girls relaxed worked on our blogs. I attempted to start working on our homework assignment, but if you thought I procrastinated in the states...well its even harder to get homework done over here! Saturday night we just did a little bar hopping to some of the pubs we haven't gone to yet, and then called it an early night because the next day we had to be ready for our first Gaelic football match!

The Gaelic football match was absolutely amazing! The fans got really rowdy, and it sort of reminded me of being back home at a duck football game! In Gaelic football you can hit the ball like a volleyball, kick it like a soccer ball, or bounce it like a football....confused? After the game we went to a pub right next to the stadium called the Big Tree! Right when we walked in we spotted our teacher Martin! It was pretty adorable because Martin was a little tipsy and you could tell he was trying to hide it from us! Like we care though...! The pub scene at The Big Tree was especially fun this evening because Dublin had just won the football match, so all the fans where there celebrating! Us girls ended up making good friends with the manager, bouncer and bar tenders, and they let us all stay after closing for a few free drinks! Tony the bouncer turns to us and says "am I your guys best friends in Ireland?". Yup! I finally made a friend in Ireland.

Monday we didn't have class, so Tricia and I went into Dun Laoghaire. Dun Laughaire is where my friend Jenny has her internship. It is about a 15 min Dart ride from City Centre in Dublin! In Dun Laughaire, Tricia and I walked the peer, and then met Jenny for some dinner on the peer! This little town is so adorable, and filled with sail boats. Dun Laoghaire is also where James Joyces Ulysses starts at! Once we got home from Dun Laoghaire I finally got started on my homework assignment which was due the next day! Thank God I work well under pressure...

No comments:

Post a Comment